FAQ's


Q:  How many guests will Emerald Acres accommodate?

A:  The Barn has a max capacity of 100 guests for ceremony inside of the barn; 100 guests for reception inside the barn(seated).  There is outdoor space for wedding ceremonies and receptions.  If you would like to accommodate more guests, you may host an outdoor reception with additional tent rental.  

Q:  Are tables and chairs an additional charge?

A:   Tables and seating for up to 100 guests is included in your space rental fees.   If you need additional seating for your guest count, you will need to rent them from _____________________. 

Q:  How are rehearsals handled at Emerald Acres?

A:  Rehearsals are typically handled on Thursdays.  Each event will get a one-hour rehearsal block.  If you would like to host both your rehearsal and your rehearsal dinner, a two-day package must be purchased.

Q:  What are the catering requirements?

A:  At Emerald Acres, you are allowed to use one of our preferred vendors; but it is not a requirement.  You may also bring in your own caterer of choice, or self-serve your event if you prefer.

Q:  How is alcohol handled at Emerald Acres?

A:  If you opt for just beer and wine for your guests, you may apply for your temporary beer and wine permit through the State of Indiana.  In addition, you will also need to provide a licensed bartender to serve at your event.  If you want liquor at your event, you will need to find a caterer or bar service that has a full-scale liquor license. 

Q:  What is Special Event Insurance?

A:  Special Event Liability and Property Damage Insurance is a specialty insurance policy designed to idemnify the event hosts from certain types of claims arising from your event and is a requirement of Emerald Acres.  It can be purchased through homeowners or renters insurance companies and generally costs anywhere from $90-$150 per policy. 

Q:  How much do we need to reserve our event date? 

A:  Both your damage deposit and 25% of your total balance is the amount needed to secure your date.  Another 25% is made payable to the venue 6 months before your event date, and the remaining 50% is due 90 days before your event date.